1. Pray to God about it and ask God to make it clear whether of his calling to you. (Talk to your spouse about it, if applicable)
2. Talk to your ministry leader or trusted disciple and get advice. God blesses the man who gets and takes advice. (Proverbs 19:20 & Proverbs 12:15)
3. Call us at: 978-267-7139 or email us at MaineMission@gmail.com, this way we can talk specifically about how and when you can come. The ministry leaders are Glenn & Danielle Petruzzi and would love to speak on Skype.
4. Check out jobs in the Greater Portland Area:
5. Don't let any obstacle stop you if you feel called by God. God promises that the righteous will never go hungry (Psalm 37:25). He also promises that we should not worry if we are seeking his kingdom first (Matthew 6:25-33).
6. Have faith but plan practically how and when you can come. You can come for a visit and practically see for yourself what this would mean.
7. Finally make a decision. We believe God has lead you here because he has a plan. Go out on faith and realize that he is with you always when you make disciples and so is the family of God.
Thank you and may God bless you and your faith for considering being on the Portland Maine Mission Team.
Housing in Maine:
Most rentals required one month's rent down plus a security deposit, which can be between 1/2 to one full month's rent.